Saying Goodbye with a SongMonday, January 07, 2013
I am sharing my favorite music from the series. Some of them I loved because of the role the songs played in some of the scenes and the others, well I may not remember the scenes but I am sure I pretty much waited for the show's replay and maximize the TV's volume just so I can listen to the lyrics and google the song! GG's musical scorer is really one of the bests. Most of the songs I am in love with I get from movie/tv soundtracks. Huge part of my playlist are the songs I heard from Gossip Girl (Grey's Anatomy's got some good stuff too.) So here's a run down of the bests! I know. You're welcome.
(Disclaimer: Videoes are not mine. Borrowed them and I give credits to the uploaders.)
Runners Up: Sex on Fire by Kings of Leon (which I think was totally wasted in the Serena/Aaron scene on Season 2), Good Life by
and Cosmic Love by One
and the Machines.
11. Seasons of Love by Shiny Toy Guns - Not really a favorite song but then I really love the Chuck and Blair moment it was for---when Chuck finally said the 3 Words with 8 Letters! *swoon*
10. Empire State of Mind by Alicia Keys and Jay-Z - It's all about New York, New York Baby!
9. Love the Way You Lie by Rihanna - C and B scene again. I just love her pajamas (Yes, I really need to say that.)
8. Bad Romance by Lady Gaga - And how can I not include my favorite cameos in this list! Remember when Blair invited Lady Gaga? Yeah. One of those epic TV moments.
7. Somebody that I Used to Know by Gotye - First heard it on GG. :)
6. We are Young by FUN - That season 5 finale episode when Blair follows Chuck to France and said these lines: "You said I always bet against you but this time I am all in."
5. Watcha Say by Jason DeRulo
4. It's Time by Imagine Dragons - was played when the gang are running up the stairs of Metropolitan Museum of Arts to go to Chuck and Blair's wedding. Really puts you in the moment. (Can't find a decent clip yet. Sorry.)
3. Secrets by One Republic
2. Fell in love without You by Motion City Soundtrack - I think this was on Season 2's first episode. Every time I listen to this song I remember the White Party and the beach at Hamptons and of course this is totally the Serena and Dan/Lonely Boy's song. (Ooops, can't seem to upload the clip so here's the Motion City Soundtrack Official Vid instead.)
And my number 1 Gossip Girl song is.... *drum rolls please* Tah-dah!
1. With Me by Sum41 - this is my favorite Gossip Girl moment. If you can remember Blair was so in love with Nate. Queen B was this straight, sweet school girl who idolizes Audrey Hepburn---until she loses the V card to yes, the Chuck Bass. I don't know why I love this song so much but like no. 2 song, every time I listen to this song I can see Chuck and Blair drunk in that limo again. I love the timing of the chorus when they finally kissed. Haha. Oh I am such a cheesecake sometimes. This was the part when (no matter how I hate the bad boys) I fell in love with Chuck Bass. <3>3>
Gossip Girl introduced me to so many songs and artists that are now constant part of my playlist and until now I still check search for some good GG songs that I've missed. But this list so far are the best for me. Music got/get me through something sometimes and I'm thankful to Gossip Girl for that. There's nothing like a good music to save you from a bad day or a broken heart. I hope you enjoyed my little musical trip down to Gossip Girl memory lane. The show will really be missed. For now, as Gossip Girl would say, Xoxo to you all. :)